Sunday, June 24, 2012

Bubbles / crackles

I went down to Rakaia on Friday night to join Bex for a girly DVD evening. She'd asked me to bring some nibbles to share, so I turned to my trusty Edmonds book for ideas. I'm running a bit short on suitable recipes for this sort of thing, but eventually I landed on chocolate bubble cakes (p46)


If you don't recognise the name, I've always known them as chocolate crackles - the rice-bubble and Kremelta-based mainstay of childhood birthday parties.




Melting the Kremelta and mixing in cocoa, rice bubbles and coconut only takes a few minutes. From there, all you have to do is spoon the bubble mixture into paper cases. I decided to do mine bite-sized, since a full-sized one might be a bit too sickly for an adult palate. This meant the standard recipe made several dozen crunchy little choc-crackle bites. 




It was surprising how much we all enjoyed something I'd thought of as a kiddie's treat. The six of us did the best we could to demolish them during our movie night, but I still returned home with the bowl about half-full. I guess I'll see if the workmates will clean up the remainder for me tomorrow.






2 comments:

  1. they were just perfect thank you very much

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny how kids stuff comes back and we usually enjoy them just as much.c

    ReplyDelete

Popular posts this week