Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Little lemony things


I don't know if you've noticed, but I'm a big fan of all things lemon. So when I needed to make something for this week's morning teas, I selected lemon biscuits (p35), one of the variations on the basic biscuit recipe.


I'd been procrastinating for most of the evening, so it was approaching 9pm by the time I started on the biscuits. Luckily, they're pretty quick to make: cream butter and sugar, add lemon zest and eggs, then sift in dry ingredients.


The instructions were to bake balls from "heaped teaspoons" of the mixture. This seemed a little small to me, but I duly did as I was told. I suspect perhaps I was supposed to heap the teaspoons a bit higher - the recipe was supposed to make 36 biscuits, but I ended up with 44.


The resulting bite-sized, subtly lemon flavoured biscuits might not be everyone's cup of tea, but I quite like them. One tray was baked longer than the other, and biscuits that had a shorter baking time have a much softer, nicer texture. If you're going to bake these, keep an eye on the timer and take them out before they start to brown too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular posts this week