Thursday, May 17, 2012

Buttery broccoli

I was in need of vege to eat with some leftovers I was having for dinner. I had a head of broccoli in the fridge, so why not broccoli with almonds (p158)?


First, I cut the broccoli into florets and put on to boil in salted water. On the next element, I had some sliced almonds toasting in a dry frypan. Next, I prepared the dressing, melting butter and adding lemon juice, salt and pepper. The recipe says to do this in a saucepan, but I just used a jug in the microwave.


When the broccoli was cooked, I drained it and placed the florets in a serving dish. I added the almonds to the butter mixture and poured it over the broccoli.




Let's face it: pouring butter all over your veges is not the best idea, nutritionally speaking. It's a pity, then, that it's so incredibly tasty! I never would have expected that the addition of a bit of butter, lemon and almond would make such a difference. There was far more broccoli than I would generally eat in one serving, but I ate it all quite easily.


This is a pretty simple recipe, but it's a good one to keep in mind, if you want to jazz up some broccoli sometime. It's probably not best to eat it every day though!

1 comment:

  1. Must try it. Butter on veges was an everyday thing ofcourse before butter was outlawed. The addition of lemon sounds nice though.c

    ReplyDelete

Popular posts this week