Sunday, October 28, 2012

Let's pick up the pace

I've been at this challenge since March 2010. When I started, I deliberately didn't set myself a time limit - just getting through all the recipes was going to be enough of a challenge, without adding the extra stress of a looming deadline.


While my determination to complete the whole book has never wavered, my momentum has been a bit erratic. Sometimes I feel very motivated and can knock off a number of recipes in a few short days. Other times I have to drag myself into the kitchen, or, having cooked something, have to force myself to sit down and start typing, in the hope that a mildly interesting account of the recipe will magically spring from my fingertips. Often enough, I just feel like cooking something that isn't Edmonds!


So for the past year or more, I've been averaging less than 10 recipes per month. This plodding along has got me to the point where, with 476 recipes behind me, I have only 100 still to go. That's light at the end of the tunnel.


I've also decided that I don't want this challenge to stretch beyond the three-year mark. That means I have until 12 March, 2013, to complete the remaining recipes. One hundred recipes, and just over four months to get them done. That might not sound too difficult, but it does mean I'll have to triple my current pace.


Think I can't do it?


Think I won't do it?


Watch me.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular posts this week